Accredited Specialist Local Government and Planning Law
Past Speeches, papers and publications
- Reporter for the Environmental Law Reporter and speaker at the Inaugural National Environmental Law Association Seminar on the topic “A Case Study of Actions Under Section 123 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, 1979”.
- Keynote address speaker at Valuers Seminar on the topic “The Concept of Highest and Best Use and its changes under the Environmental Planning Assessment Act” reported in “The Valuer”.
- Editor of Environmental Law Newsletter 1988-1990
- Author of “The Land and Environment Court – A Layman’s Guide to Procedures and Terms”.
- Author of: When is a “Public Street’ not a ‘Public Road” reported in Local Government Law Journal Volume 1 number 1
- One of the contributing Authors to Environmental Responsibilities Law New South Wales loose-leaf service.
- Speaker at the EPLA Conference at the Opera House in October 2002 on 88K easements and the Access to Neighbouring Land Act.
- Speaker at the EPLA conference in November 2007 on the topic “Say what you mean and mean what you say – Observing conditions of consent”.
- Speaker at Legalwise seminar on 27th March 2003 on the topic “Tricks in Draining Land”
- Legalwise speaker on the topic of Advanced Conveyancing Practice in November 2007.
- Speaker at the Brothers and Sisters in Law conference in March, 2008 on the topics of Section 149 certificates and cases under the Trees (Disputes Between Neighbours) Act.
- Speaker at the Kirribilli Club conference on 22 March 2009 on the topic: “Practical Town Planning impacts on Conveyancing practices and creeping conversions”
- Speaker at the NEERG conference on 4th November, 2009 on Golden Oldie cases in the Land and Environment Court
- Speaker at the Brothers and Sisters in Law conference at Parramatta on 19th and 20th March, 2011 on the topic “Carbon sequestration rights and your Conveyancing practice.”
- Speaker at Legalwise seminar on 31st March, 2011 on the topic “The neighbour, the fence, the tree, the Council and the AVO”.
- Regular speaker on David Brown’s show “Dial a Lawyer” on Monday night on 2GB between 9 and 10pm.
- Speaker at Brothers and Sisters in Law conference at Olympic Stadium on 14th March, 2015 on the topic “Scope of the 10/50 law on trees”.
Assists in the day to day running of the Firm.